KHARTOUM, April 11 (Xinhua) -- Some Sudanese protesters disagreed on the measures announced by the Sudanese army Thursday, and decided to continue the open sit-in in front of army's general headquarters.
The Sudanese Professionals Association, an opposition organization, rejected the statement made by Sudan's Defence Minister Awad Mohamed Ahmed Ibn Auf.
The association stressed in a statement its adherence to continuation of the sit-in until the power is handed over to a civil authority.
The Freedom and Change Alliance, also an opposition group, rejected the army's statement, urging its supporters to continue the sit-in.
Similarly, the opposition Sudanese Congress Party rejected the army's statement.
"Our demands are clear that the entire regime and its figures must go and hand over the power to a civil government," said Omer Yousif Al-Digair, leader of the Sudanese Congress Party, in a statement.
Earlier on Thursday, Sudan's Defence Minister Ibn Auf announced the ousting of Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and his government.
Ibn Auf made the announcement in a long awaited statement aired live on official Sudan TV.
He further said that a military council would be formed to rule the country during a transitional period of two years.
He also announced suspension of the interim constitution of the Republic of Sudan.
The Sudanese defence minister further declared a state of emergency for three months and a curfew for one month.
He announced closure of the Sudanese air space for 24 hours together with border passages all over Sudan until further notice.
The procedures, as well, included dissolving the presidency and the national council of ministers, provided that the under-secretaries of the ministries run the work.
Additionally, the state governments and legislative councils have also been dissolved with the state governors and security committees there assigned to run those institutions.