PARIS, Nov. 6 (Xinhua) -- Rescue teams discovered a body in the rubble of two buildings that collapsed on Monday in the French southern port city of Marseille, authorities said on Tuesday.
"We have found the body of a man who has died," the city's prosecutor Xavier Tarabeux told reporters.
The rescue operation will continue as there are still five to eight victims in the rubble, he said.
The two buildings in the first district in Marseille collapsed on Monday morning, injuring two passers-by.
The cause of the collapse was not immediately clear, but one of the building was in poor condition and had been subject to an evacuation order. However, authorities said squatters might have been using it.
Rescue teams are still scambling to find survivors in the rubble. Their "meticulous and delicate" operation could last several days, according to Interior Minister Christophe Castaner.