DOHA, April 22 (Xinhua) -- Qatar has reiterated its readiness to hold a dialogue with the Arab quartet to resolve the ongoing Gulf dispute, local media reported late Saturday.
The spokesperson for Qatar's Foreign Ministry Lulwah al-Khater said the Qatari participation in the "Gulf Shield Joint Exercise-1", which took place in Saudi Arabia, could be a new chance to resolve the rift with the neighboring Gulf countries, said Qatari newspaper Al-Sharq.
The report said, quoting al-Khater, "so far, we do not see any solution at the required level, but the defense ministry announced the presence of a Qatari military delegation in Saudi Arabia to participate in the drill."
Al-Khater also said it is difficult to predict the reaction of other Gulf countries in the coming days.
On April 19, the Qatari armed forces announced that it had participated in the "Gulf Shield Joint Exercise-1" in Saudi Arabia from March 21 to April 16.
In June 2017, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt cut diplomatic ties as well as all air, sea and land links to Qatar, accusing the gas-rich Gulf state of supporting terrorism and aligning with Iran against Arab interests.
Doha has repeatedly denied the accusations.