Main Functions and Responsibilities of Dalian Rural Economic Commission
BY 2015-01-04 10:20:59
Dalian Rural Economic Commission (Dalian Animal Health Supervision Administration) is a municipal governmental department in charge of the development of agriculture and the agricultural economy as well as animal health supervision.
Main functions and responsibilities:
1. Implement policies and principals by the state and province for the three issues of agriculture, farmers and rural areas; formulate medium and long term plans for Dalian’s agriculture and agricultural economy and give guidance to their implementation; promote agricultural administration by law; commit to improving Dalian’s agricultural management operating system; coordinate agriculture and rural work and organize to formulate local regulations and rules; direct the dispute arbitration of rural land contracting and transfer of land-use rights, guide and supervise relief of farmers’ burdens and villagers’ raising funds and labor, and guide the rural collective assets and financial management; formulate Dalian’s planning for agricultural development, and plans and specific policies for agricultural industrialized operation, organizing their implementation; direct and support the building and development of agricultural socialized service systems, rural economic cooperative organizations, farmers’ professional cooperatives and agricultural trade associations; be responsible for the related development of Dalian’s poverty alleviation.
2. Direct the production of major agricultural products, organize the implementation and promotion of related policies for production of major agricultural products, and guide the adjustment of the agricultural industry structure and improvement of product quality; promote integrated development of agriculture in pre-production, mid-production and post-production; organize the formulation of plans and specific policies for the development of the agricultural processing industry, and their implementation; give suggestions on policies for agricultural industry protection; direct industrial restructuring, technological innovation and service systems for agricultural processing; give suggestions on policies for circulation of staple agricultural products; formulate the building and development of the staple agricultural products market system and promote its implementation; cultivate, protect and develop agricultural brands; coordinate relevant departments to carry out comprehensive agricultural development projects.
3. Be responsible for the improvement of quality and safety of agricultural products, initiate risk assessments on the quality and safety of agricultural products according to law, release information of quality and safety of related agricultural products and be in charge of their monitoring; conduct agricultural products certification and supervision to the safety standard by law; organize the supervision and management of the quality and safety of agricultural products.
4. Organize and coordinate the development of agricultural production materials market system; initiate registration and supervision of crop seeds (seedlings) and pesticides by law; implement standards related to agricultural production materials and oversee their implementation with relevant departments; supervise on relevant fertilizers according to law; manage agricultural and rural economic information, monitor and analyze agricultural and rural economic operation; initiate related agricultural statistics, release agricultural and rural economic information, be responsible for the development of an agricultural information system and guide agricultural information services.
5. Be responsible for major crop pest and disease control and agricultural disaster prevention and mitigation; formulate policies for animal and plant health inspection and quarantine and direct their implementation together with relevant departments, and direct the development of the animal and plant health inspection and quarantine system; organize and oversee the work of animal and plant health inspection and quarantine both inside and outside Dalian; release information on epidemics and organize the fight against epidemics; organize a pest census of animal and plant quarantine; be in charge of the supervision and management of animals and animal products quarantine, veterinary drug residues and veterinary laboratories; monitor and release information on agricultural disasters, organize the reserves and allocation of relief supplies such as seeds and fertilizers, give suggestions on arrangement of relief funds for production and direct emergent disaster relief and post-disaster production.
6. Formulate planning, programs and policies for agricultural research, technique extension and team building; organize to develop Dalian’s agricultural technology innovation system and agricultural industrial technology system together with relevant departments, and conduct major projects of agricultural research according to the division of labor; organize the implementation of agricultural research on high-tech and applied technology, conversion of agricultural technology results and technique extension; be in charge of protection of new varieties of crops and plants; guide agricultural education and development of agricultural vocational skills.
7. Direct the protection and management of farmland and agricultural biological species resources; formulate policies for protection and improvement of arable land and basic cultivated land quality and direct their implementation, managing the quality of farmland in accordance with law; develop water-saving agriculture by means of measures suitable for agriculture; formulate and implement planning for eco-agriculture, and guide the comprehensive development and utilization of rural renewable energy as well as the development of the agricultural biomass industry; define the prohibited production zone for agricultural products, and direct the development of eco-agriculture and recycling agriculture.
8. Implement national principles, policies, laws and regulations concerning agricultural machinery; formulate Dalian’s planning for the development of agricultural machinery, and guide agricultural machinery restructuring; be in charge of the management of quality and safety of agricultural machinery in use; be in charge of the statistics of agricultural machinery.
9. Implement national and provincial principles, policies, laws and regulations concerning the development of animal husbandry, animal health, eco-grassland and the feed industry; formulate local regulations and rules for the development of the animal husbandry industry, animal health and the feed industry.
10. Guide the adjustment of the animal husbandry industrial structure, standardized production, livestock products and sized breeding; organize to protect animal genetic resources, feed resources and grassland resources; oversee the work of feed and grassland and guide grassland pest and rat control and fire prevention; be in charge of supervision and management of the quality and safety of livestock products; be in charge of the examination on establishment of feed enterprises and on safety and health of animal-derived feed; manage veterinary practitioners and veterinary medical organizations; oversee the safety, and R & D of veterinary drugs, and the production, operation and utilization of veterinary biological products; organize the normalized quality management of feed and veterinary drugs; oversee the building of Dalian’s livestock health and breeding system; formulate planning for production and processing of the animal husbandry industry, grassland protection and development, animal health and the safety of livestock products quality, and formulate personnel training planning.
11. Propose related policies and suggestions on macro-urbanization and modern urban agriculture; be in charge of the comprehensive coordination, research guidance, policy study and related work of Dalian’s development of the county economy and the building of a socialist new countryside; undertake foreign affairs in agriculture.
12. Undertake other tasks assigned by the CPC Dalian Committee and the Dalian Municipal Government.
Add: Jinfu Building, No. 87 Xinkai Road, Xigang District, Dalian